5. The Pennant
- Self proclaimed “legendary South Mission Beach neighborhood bar” The Pennant brings in many different types of crowds depending on the night. Most of the time, the vibe is mellow. They have an upper deck to enjoy warm days. On your next stroll or bike ride through Mission, stop by this local bar for a cold drink.
- Typically a tourist location, check out this hotel bar during the off season. Grab a drink outside on the patio to enjo a view of Mission Bay and sometimes even the downtown skyline. Food and service at The Atoll is top notch – stop by for their famed brunch.
3. Single Fin
- Conveniently located on San Diego’s infamous Mission Blvd, Single Fin sports trendy-surf decor and unique wall art. With happy hour specials nearly everyday, you’ll be sure to leave the bar happy every time. Sunday’s $14 bottles of champagne and $5 Bloody Mary’s are hard to beat anywhere else.
2. Guava Beach
- This Sports bar is the best Mission Beach sports bar for locals. HDTVs are everywhere and their wings are to die for – don’t leave without trying the Bionic Beaver! This half beer, half long island, 100% delicious pitcher will keep you coming back for more.
- WaveHouse is neighbors with Sound Wave, but tends to come with a different vibe. On the weekends, come here for drinks and a lively crowd with live music. Watch surfers and bodyboarders on the wave or enjoy the ocean front view. Plus – you absolutely won’t be dissapointed with the delicious food!