They had what it took to make the cut! Meet the Five Group interns of Summer 2016. They hail from UCSD and have been learning the in’s and out’s of San Diego Nightlife with our teams. Get to know them a little better, as we asked them three questions about some of their favorite things in life.
QUESTIONS:1. If you could be in a book, TV show or movie, what would it be and why?2. What are your three all time favorite albums? Why?3. If you could speak to everyone in the world at the same time, what would you say?
- GREASE, because I love the musical and I cannot imagine how fun, awesome and different it would be like to live during such simpler times. I wish I could experience and appreciate the classic diners, drive-in movies, or the 15 inch television screens.
- Three favorite albums: John Mayer – Continuum, because his songs are my go-to for so different many occasions. He has the one of the best male vocals I’ve ever heard. Alina Baraz & Galimatias – Urban Flora, because it is my absolute favorite album to listen to on a chill night. Drake – Nothing Was the Same, because Drake always got me feelin’ some typa way.
- “There’s always a bigger fish.” — Star Wars
- Planet Earth, so I can travel the world for free! It’s a plus that people would have to listen to my voice narrating the wonders of the world.
- Three favorite albums: Panic at the Disco (A Fever You Can’t Sweat out). Green Day (American Idiot) because who didn’t belt out to green day in middle school. Kanye West (My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy) because yeezy.
- Stop killing each other and hug it out 🙂
- If I could be in any movie it would probably be in Transformers or Fast and Furious. I think getting to race the super cool sports car would be really fun, as well as seeing them turn into robots.
- My favorite albums are: Below the Heavens by Blu and Exile, Born Sinner by J. Cole, and probably Straight Out of Compton. All these albums are my favorite because they’re super real, soothing (well the first two), and the last one because I feel like it set the foundation for a lot of rap/hip-hop today.
- I would tell everyone to be kind and understanding to everyone, and to understand that our differences shouldn’t tear us apart. Just because there are differences doesn’t mean those differences are necessarily wrong.
- I’d be in Moneyball and I’d be Jonah Hill. I just love analyzing numbers and using mathematics to predict outcomes and expected values of a baseball players worth. It’d be a dream job to have.
- Three favorite albums: Born Sinner, Recovery, When It’s Dark Out.
- I like Born Sinner because I feel like J Cole has a very strong intellectual presence and his lyrics always impress me.
- I love Recovery because Eminem was my first favorite artist when I was younger and his album has a lot of great songs on it.
- I like When It’s Dark Out because G-Eazy has very interesting views on life and I love how a main theme in his album is that you have to work hard to get what you want and once you do that ultimately you’ll be happy. Rap isn’t my favorite Genre but I feel for some reason that my favorite albums are all rap, idk why that is but I think it’s just that many of my favorite EDM artists don’t have many in depth albums.
- “Respect other peoples opinions, no one is correct, stop killing each other.”